NSW Yanalangami: Strong Women, Strong Communities Program
2022 Yanalangami National Online Program
Applications and Community Nominations for the 2022 Yanalangami: Strong Women, Strong Communities online program are now open!
The Yanalangami Program is designed to connect, inspire and strengthen the leadership of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Female Changemakers. This unique opportunity is open to all Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people who identify as a woman and are over 17 years.
Why choose the Yanalangami Program?
- Yanalangami is a unique, culturally appropriate leadership Program designed and led by Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, women for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
- You will have the opportunity to connect with and learn from deadly Aboriginal female Changemakers from around Australia.
- It is an online program, meaning you can walk this journey with us while continuing to meet your family, community and work commitments.
This Program is right for you if:
- You want to grow your networks, skills and confidence
- It’s time to start your healing journey
- You want to meet and be inspired by other Aboriginal female Changemakers
- You are ready to learn and unlearn things about yourself
- You want to excel in your career or enhance your community impact
- You want to make change happen but lack the skills or confidence to do so
“We are doing this for ourselves and our families because little eyes are always watching and learning from us”.
Sammy-Jo, proud Kalkadoon Woman
Community Changemaker, 2021
You can apply or nominate for two programs: the Emerging Changemaker Program (6 weeks) and the Community Changemaker Program (10 weeks). Both the Emerging Changemakers and the Community Changemakers undertake the combined Program, starting May 2022.
Combined Program (6 weeks):
First Yanalangami Session: Wednesday 4th May 2022
Final Yanalangami Session: Wednesday 8th June 2022
Each week consists of 2 hours of pre-learning questions and self-reflection materials (to be completed before the Yarning Circle), and a 2-hour Yarning Circle (online). Each Yarning Circle occurs on Wednesday evenings at 5:30pm AEST (Sydney Time).
Community Changemakers Program:
Those women enrolled in the Community Changemakers programs have an additional 4 weeks of professional development learning and one-on-one professional coaching designed to help them thrive. Community Changemakers complete the combined Program (ending 8th June) and then have a short break before completing the next stage.
Coaching Workshop (TBC): Wednesday 29th June 2022
Community Changemaker first session: Wednesday 13th July 2022
Community Changemaker final session: Wednesday 3rd August 2022
Graduation dates are to be confirmed.
Applications close Sunday 3rd April. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity, Apply or Nominate today!
“[Yanalangami] allowed me the time to reflect on my own life and my own journey… It’s influenced me to continue this and always reflect on who I am, my values and my beliefs. I have grown as a person as it has allowed me to acknowledge this and acknowledge the strength in my own journey.”
Anonymous, Community Changemaker 2021
Our AAC will review each applicant against the following Changemaker qualities:
2. Commitment to community
3. Cultural Integrity
4. Demonstrated Leadership
5. Drive (personal & professional)
6. Collaboration/working with others
7. A Role Model for other girls and community members
In addition, the AAC will take into account the following:
A. The relevance of the NSW Emerging Changemaker Program to the applicant’s leadership journey, and
B. Their demonstrated commitment to completing the program
If you would like to read the full Terms and Conditions please click here >>